Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

TWD | Baking with Juliia : Blueberry Nectarine Pie

blueberry nectraine pie


We joined a CSA this summer and my goodness, the bounty has been fantastic. I've gone a little crazy and ordered some bulk fruits for canning. I took some of the blueberries and nectarines and whipped up the Blueberry Nectraine Pie from Baking with Julia with some of our extra fruit. It was so tasty just a bit too sweet for my taste. I was tempted to whip three of four of these and freeze them but our freezer is already jam packed with pesto, corn and frozen berries. I was not such a fan of the pie crust. I used whole wheat flour because that was what I had. I have made enough pies in my time to have my favorite doughs and I am not sure this will be at the top of my list. Good dough, just not amazing.

I followed the recipe as written. Find the recipe at Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan or visit Liz at That skinny chick can bake!!  and Hilary at Manchegos Kitchen the TWD hosts.


1 comment:

  1. Your pie looks great! My filling all ran out. This was too sweet for me as well.

    ReplyDelete